HAIR AND SCALP TUGGING by FRR Mallory
Summary:

As an erotic, sensual practice -- hair and scalp tugging are quite popular. For some people there is a desire for a leisurely massage, for others the hunger for a sharp, eye watering tug.    


Categories: How-To > Doing the Kinky Safely > Sensation Characters: None
Content Notes: How-To, Sensation
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 726 Read: 370 Published: 02/21/2021 Updated: 03/01/2021

1. Chapter 1 by FRR Mallory

Chapter 1 by FRR Mallory

As an erotic, sensual practice -- hair and scalp tugging are quite popular. For some people there is a desire for a leisurely massage, for others the hunger for a sharp, eye watering tug. Nearly everyone practices some form of hair and scalp tugging from in-depth spa like shampoo and conditioning treatments to Trichotillomania (plucking hair out by its roots). We create all kinds of stories around why we enjoy scalp and hair stimulation, everything from basic hygiene to experiences of emotional release. We spend thousands of dollars and months of our lives on our hair and scalps yet we seldom take a deeper look to see what might be happening in this sensory paradise.

Like everything else hair tugging isn't as simple as it looks. Science is beginning to speculate that a mechanism exists inside the body that maintains internal levels of stimulation without our being aware of it. This mechanism is an integral part of the dynamic, ongoing internal process known as homeostasis (internal balancing systems used to make the body function normally -- regulates such things as body temperature, blood pressure, respiration, heart rate, etc,.) Our bodies are constantly being stimulated through our interactions with our environment. When we experience 'over-stimulation' we frequently identify our resulting 'state' as being stressed. When we experience 'under-stimulation' we may identify this state as being 'deprived'. For each of us there is a place between these two points where our bodies/spirits/minds should function at optimum -- be in balance. There is growing evidence that suggests that certain people's nervous systems regulate their levels of stimulation differently. These people gravitate toward external stimulation to mechanically 'adjust' their internal levels of stimulation.

The scalp/skin is a mecca of nerve endings. Hair pulling, skin picking, nail biting, lip biting, blemish squeezing, cheek biting, skin scratching, pinching, cutting etc., are a few of the easily accessible behaviors we use to externally stimulate ourselves.

When we tug our scalp we go even further. Gentle but firm pressure pulling the hair/scalp away from the body causes a release of tension in the micro muscles surrounding each hair follicle. This can restore pliability to your scalp and trigger the biological 'relaxation' response in your entire body. The hair at the base of the neck is particularly sensitive to this type of initiated auto response and can transport the recipient into an altered state of consciousness by even a light touch. The relaxation response lowers blood pressure, reduces the heart rate, calms the respiration and neutralizes stress chemicals. It also directly counteracts the instinctive 'fight or flight' response rendering the recipient into a quieted, passive, relaxed state.

Many people also experience sensations of being comforted, cared for, protected, helped, assisted, tended etc., through the simple act of sensual base of the skull scalp and hair tugging.

How can 'tugging' contribute to balancing both over and under stimulation? It is easy to see where tugging can alleviate feelings of deprivation by providing immediate stimulation. But how does stimulation work on an over stimulated system? Additional stimulation refocuses the attention, mind, body to a specific managable 'point'. This allows the individual to 'shut-out' the unbalanced over-stressed condition, sending them into a trancelike, altered mental state where they experience, release.

With more than 70% of our nervous system located in our head, hair pulling and scalp massage become important factors in activating the neural pathways to the brain. Massaging these areas stimulates unused brain cells and awakens cellular intelligence. This wakened cellular intelligence invigorates the nervous system, reminding the cells of their functions, stimulating increased cell to cell communication.

When we experience a state of 'deprivation' we instinctively move to stimulate our scalp. We may experience sensations of itching or pressure and be drawn to 'relieve' these sensations by the application of touch.

Hair tugging and scalp massage/stimulation contribute to the pattern known as the 'optimum brain wave state'. This state is a combination of beta, alpha, theta and delta emerging in both hemispheres of the brain. When this pattern is achieved it creates a mental state that is highly creative, healing and peaceful. This brain state is often accredited by successful people to contribute significantly to their success.

Hair tugging and scalp stimulation releases endorphins contributing to improvements in: headaches, whiplash, emotional distress, body aches, mental stress, neck and shoulder tension, TMJ, neurological trauma and more.

 

This story archived at http://www.thebdsmgarden.com/viewstory.php?sid=1364