Bruising by MasterDarkHeart
Past Featured StorySummary:

Bruise care


Categories: How-To > Before You Begin Characters: None
Content Notes: How-To
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 228 Read: 1860 Published: 03/29/2015 Updated: 03/29/2015

1. Chapter 1 by MasterDarkHeart

Chapter 1 by MasterDarkHeart

A bruise is a common skin injury that results in a discoloration of the skin. Blood from damaged blood vessels beneath the skin collects near the surface of the skin resulting in black and blue marks.

At first a fresh bruise may be reddish. It will then turn blue or dark purple within a few hours, they maybe yellor or green after a few days as it heals. A bruise is commonly tender and sometime painful for a few days but the pain usually goes away as the color fades. Because the skin is not broken in a bruise as a with a scrape or cut there is no risk of infection.

The treatment for a bruise is most effective right after the injury while the area is still reddish. A cold compress should be applied to the area where there is swelling. Do not apply ice directly to the skin, wrap the icepack in a towel. Other ways of helping bruises heal are in the form of herbs or eating more fruits and vegatables. Tea bags applied to the bruised area will help in healing as with crushed parsley leaves.

The following list of herbs will help with healing of the bruised area when used in a topical salve. They can be bought at any health aid store.

Horse chestnut seet extraxt
Yarrow Salve
St Johns Wort Salve
Arnica Salve

This story archived at http://www.thebdsmgarden.com/viewstory.php?sid=331