On Receiving Service by UnrulyNerdGirl
Summary:

If someone is offering service, it can often be very difficult for the receiver to know how to act, how to accept such service.    


Categories: Dominance, How-To > Doing the Kinky Safely > Service Submission Characters: None
Content Notes: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 777 Read: 1478 Published: 05/28/2017 Updated: 05/28/2017

1. Chapter 1 by UnrulyNerdGirl

Chapter 1 by UnrulyNerdGirl

Recently, a Domme friend was discussing receiving service from her collared submissive. She was uncertain what to do and how to act. Being she was a good friend, I gave her the following advice, "All you have to do is show up, shut up, and look pretty. That's your job, and let him <her submissive> do the rest".

Now, while my words were rather familiar and jocular, the sentiment is applicable to many. If someone is offering service, it can often be very difficult for the receiver to know how to act, how to accept such service. If someone offers you service, it is being done for any number of reasons - perhaps the giver enjoys your style of play and wishes to experience your talents, or perhaps the giver wishes to practice his/her skills and has seen that you might be receptive to such, or perhaps you are in need of some kind attention. Whatever the reason, please know, you are special and have something that appeals to the individual giving service.

Before any action takes place, the service giver will most likely ask you questions, the first and foremost being, would you be interested in receiving such service? If you are not interested in any service, it is perfectly acceptable to decline. Not every kink or fetish is pleasing to everyone, and that should be understood. If you are indeed interested in receiving, further questions would most likely follow, such as: when would you like service, what do you have in mind, for how long is the service required, what are the limits, what are your likes and dislikes. The questions could range from ‘How do you like your tea?' to ‘How may I entertain your sadistic side?'.

After that, after the preliminaries have been sorted out, it is a matter of allowing the scene to progress. You have agreed to receive service, so now is the time to just relax and enjoy what follows. As with any play partner, it is best practice to get to know the individual, to know that the person offering the service is trustworthy, honourable, and well meaning with their offer. Receiving service requires taking a chance, placing your faith and trust in another. Those interested in giving service are doing so for two main reasons - for your happiness, and for their own happiness.

Receiving service requires practicing the art of allowing - allowing someone else to see to your needs, wants, desires and whims. It may be difficult, it may seem as though you are giving up control, but rest assured, when service is given, if pure in intent, it is done from a place of both joy and pleasure. It requires, at times, opening up your home, allowing another into your private realm, perhaps even sharing whatever is most precious to you, but with practice, this can feel like second nature, if you are open to the experience.

Know that If you are with someone who is truly interested in service of some sort, they want to do a good job. Any sort of play that may occur is viewed as a reward - there will not be any breaking of your fine bone china in the hopes of provoking you into some action. The individual giving the service is occupied with doing what needs to be done well, with style, to the best of his/her ability, in the hopes that you will be happy, and you will be pleased.

That's not to say all will go well - there may be bumps in the road - but this shouldn't deter you from voicing your thoughts and feelings as the service progresses. Feedback, both good and bad, is very important - it not only indicates that you are present in the moment, but that you care enough to keep the giver engaged. There is nothing more distressful to a service submissive than to realize you are not enjoying their efforts, and with the appropriate feedback, there is no reason why any form of service can not get back on track if it should happen to jump the rails. You should feel free to speak your mind and to voice your pleasure or perhaps displeasure with the efforts being made, and trust that any criticism or praise will be taken in, measured, and efforts will be adjusted accordingly.

As with any kink or fetish matter, practice increases the chances for success - so please, for all service submissives you may know, take a chance, and allow them to practice their talents. Who knows, you might get used to being served, and that is never a bad thing.

This story archived at http://www.thebdsmgarden.com/viewstory.php?sid=669