The Death Protocol by Master James
Summary:

Defining the protocol of the end M/s relationship through either death or uncollaring.


Categories: How-To > Protocol, Dominance Characters: None
Content Notes: D/s-M/s
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1030 Read: 2514 Published: 10/22/2015 Updated: 11/04/2015

1. Chapter 1 by Master James

Chapter 1 by Master James

M/s isn't all tea and crumpets, trust you me..... There's plenty of hard, crappy, confronting stuff too.

In fact, often it seems that the hard, crappy, confronting stuff outweighs the tea and crumpets by a long shot. Which then poses the inevitable question of why anyone would willingly chose to dedicate their lives to the pursuit of an ongoing power exchange Master/slave relationship.

But once again, I'm getting off track before I even get started, which tends to be a habit of mine.

The point is, that M/s isn't like normal relationships. And the only people who would argue against that are the people who have never lived on the inside of a real one. Truth be told, M/s taps into a whole lot of things deep in our psyche that professionals would tell us are really fucking bad.

The psychological dependence that comes with enslavement is some scary shit. Which is why people shouldn't do it on a whim. It's also why real M/s couples or triads are so bloody rare. And so they should be.

Because when someone is willing subjected to the abuses and traumas of the Stockholm syndrome like effects of M/s enslavement that occur in forming the bond a slave develops for her Master, it brings with it certain other complications. Serious complications that the Master must consider long and deep before embarking on this journey.

Research into these topics is difficult due to the secretive nature of them out of a desire for self preservation and protection. So stats are hard to compile. But the overwhelming suggestion of what can be observed, is that suddenly ending an M/s relationship can have incredibly damaging effects on the slave.

A feeling of being completely lost and worthless. Deep depression, an inability to make decisions and direct ones own life. And suicidal thoughts and desires.

This is why men should not seek to be Masters, nor take on slaves, if they are unwilling to shoulder the burden of such sacred responsibilities for another human being.

It's also why protocols are so important, as they provide structure to cling to when uncertainty takes over the mind of the slave. But the protocols and responsibilities shouldn't end if (or when) the relationship does. The responsibility of the Master toward a slave extends far beyond the moment he releases her. It continues till such a time as she is completely rehabilitated from the effects of her slavery to him, or until she is in the ownership of another.

I'm aware of several M/s dynamics which contain a protocol that, if the relationship is to be ended, the Master will transfer ownership of his slave to another Master. This may seem barbaric to many. However it serves an important purpose of protecting the emotional and psychological stability of the slave through a traumatic time, by providing a framework which is familiar and in which she can function and heal.

I was discussing this with a fellow Master about a month ago at a munch. Us M/s folk that are actually M/s are rare as rocking horse shit, so when you meet up with another who actually lives this lifestyle, it's like you both can't wait to let all your thoughts, angst, and worries fall out in a jumble or words aided by the soothing effect of alcohol once the slaves are out of earshot.

And it was in this context that I was lamenting the refusal of so many Masters to address the most final Protocol of them all.

The Death Protocol.
You see, men die younger than women, and this is only exaggerated by the common trend in M/s of Masters being often decades older than their slaves. But even that aside, the most youthful, heathy Master can still get hit by a bus, or befall some other tragedy while hooning along on his motorcycle lost in thoughts of how insanely cool he must look.

And what then, Oh Masterly Master.

What then of your slave or slaves who you have spent years of psychologically conditioning to be 100% dependant on you for everything? To live for you, to breath for you? What then if they can only function kneeling at your feet every night? What then if you've trained them to not eat without permission? What then if they have lived like this for years or decades?

Would anyone be surprised if the untold depression and suicide rate amongst surviving slaves was dramatically higher than it would be in other types of surviving spouses?

And this is why our Death Protocol exists.

If and when I die, my slave is to go immediately to my mentor, a Master who knows all our basic protocols and who's slave lives under similar (yet far stricter) ones herself. He is to take ownership of my slave as her caretaker Master. She is to obey him as if she was obeying me. She is to honour me in death, by her levels of submission and obedience to him.

He is fully aware and in agreement with this, and has undertaken this commitment with the goal of providing her a stable, structured familiar environment, in which she can grieve, whilst being supported by people who know her loss and the uniqueness of it. He will remain strict with her for as long a time as he feels appropriate. However in due course, he will start to transition her independence and power, back into her own hands, until one day she can make the choice of what she wishes to do with her life next.

This protocol was established and agreed upon by all parties, a long, long time before I ever put my slave collar around her neck.

I only write this down publicly at the urging of the older fellow Master who I shared this conversation with recently at the munch. Because we both feel, that far too many wish to don the cloak and title of Master, to have a slave naked trembling at their feet, yet don't want to look to the future and consider the welfare of their slave, when the Master's feet are no longer there to be knelt at.

This story archived at http://www.thebdsmgarden.com/viewstory.php?sid=604