1-10 by instructor144
Summary:

An explanation of pain calibration


Categories: How-To > Before You Begin Characters: None
Content Notes: How-To
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 228 Read: 475 Published: 12/16/2018 Updated: 12/30/2018

1. Chapter 1 by instructor144

Chapter 1 by instructor144

"So what's with the ‘tell me pain 1 to 10′ in your captions some times? Is that part of the torture for the girl? Is it to get you excited? Or just because you like making a girl say stuff?"

That's actually a great question. It's a process I call "calibration." When inflicting pain, one can go about it one of two ways. One can be a mindless brute and just whale away. Or one can apply precisely the amount of pain to achieve an intended effect. The latter is the mark of a sadistic artiste. But how to know exactly the amount of pain you're applying? By asking her to rate each stroke or twist or spank on a 1-10 scale, with 1 being "Meh, I didn't feel anything" and 10 being "Holy fucking hell, if you ever do that again I will fucking kill you!" I can obtain a metric that can be used if, for example, I want to keep her at a constant 7 or 8 during impact play. Knowing this is important because everyone has a different tolerance to pain. I've known girls whose lower lip barely trembled when receiving 10 strokes with the quirt (a truly wicked implement). And I've known girls who were reduced to sobs after 10 hand spanks.

You can't refine your art without data. The 1-10 calibration gives me that data.

This story archived at http://www.thebdsmgarden.com/viewstory.php?sid=930